Pure Noise Records wurde 2008 von Jacob „Jake“ Round gegründet und ist mit einem Roaster mit Bands wie Knocked Loose, Strike Anywhere, Less Than Jake und neuerdings auch The Bouncing Souls, die dort im Herbst ein neues Album veröffentlicht werden, über die Jahre zu einem der größten Labels in Sachen Hardcore und Punk-Rock gewachsen.
In den letzten Monaten hat das in Berkeley, Kalifornien ansässige Label außerdem Releases von Year Of The Knife, Sharptooth, Chamber oder Unity TX veröffentlicht und weiß somit nicht nur mit einem schönen Mix aus Szene-Urgesteine und Newcomer, sondern auch seine Hardcore-Punk-Ausrichtung in seinen Facetten zu begeistern.
Anlässlich des Gewinnspiels auf unserer Facebook-Seite, stellt uns Jacob „Jake“ Round nun fünf Bands vor, die für den Werdegang von Pure Noise Records entscheiden sind und waren.
Pure Noise Records: Top 5 Most Important Band
Every band on the label is important and we’re so appreciative of being able to work with each of them. Below are 5 that stand out and a little about why that is.
1No Bragging Rights
– No Bragging Rights was the first band to give me a chance. They needed label help and I suggested that I start my own label and would put out their record. We went on to do several releases for the band and I am forever grateful they gave me the opportunity to start what is now my career.
2The Story So Far
– It goes without saying how important The Story So Far is to the success of Pure Noise. The label has grown in tandem with the growth of this band and our relationship is extremely special to me. We’ve been together our entire careers and I hope that continues for many years to come.
– State Champs really helped solidify the label. We had started to have a little success with Story So Far but when State Champs broke out, it really helped us turn the corner and become more of a „real“ record label that could service both developing and established bands. We’ve also been together for almost their entire existence as a band and I am grateful they have continued to trust us to work their records as they’ve become one of our biggest global bands.
– Knocked Loose was our first real break out success in heavy music. I had stayed away from heavy music early in the labels history because I myself played in a metalcore band and didn’t want their to be a conflict of interest. As I moved on from being a musician and was totally focused on the label we definitely wanted to put out more heavy records and Knocked Loose really blew the doors open for that. At this point, our roster is almost half heavy music leaning and Knocked Loose has been a huge part of that. It’s been awesome to be able to do so many different kinds of records in the last few years and Knocked Loose was kind of the start of that.
– I wanted to include at least one „newer“ band on the list and I think Just Friends is one of the most interesting new bands on the label and really represents where I think music is going in the future. They are a big band, with usually 8-9 people on stage with two vocalists, and their music really breaks genre barriers and truly has a little bit of everything in it. We have a bunch of new music for them coming soon, which I’m super excited about.
Wir verlosen auf unserer Facebook-Seite gemeinsam mit Pure Noise Records und Uncle M Music drei Gutscheine für den Pure Noise Records-Online-Shop: